Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
downunder
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
In a quandary!
Nov 28, 2011

I am trying to make up my mind about my next step forward. I have 2 Sony cameras - the workhorse A700 and a newer A55. Of the two I still prefer the A700. I only own 3 lenses - the 18-250mm and the CZ 16-80mm + a DT2.8/3 macro SAM.

Have read numerous reviews of the A77, which I'm not yet convinced about, plus encouraging reviews about a completely different unit - the Nikon D7000. I shoot practically everything as and when - I'm a photographer for a smallish publication and need a camera with fast, accurate response. Can't afford a hugely high-end spec camera.

I'm dithering between trading in the 2 Sony cameras (minus lenses) for an A77 (already have batteries + memory cards) or get rid of all the Sony gear and go for the Nikon.

It's not really fair to ask anyone for their opinion as everyone has their favorites, but would very much like experiences/suggestions/advice in whatever form. Help!
--
Down under

Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow