Watch out for Epson rebate scams

Started Nov 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
sjwolfhope
Regular MemberPosts: 435
Like?
Re: Watch out for Epson rebate scams
In reply to ComputerDork, Nov 27, 2011

ComputerDork wrote:

At the very least selling something as "new" with the UPC removed is an extremely shady practice, if not outright illegal. I have to wonder if Epson will even honor the warranty on a unit that was purchased without a UPC on the box.

Don't know about Epson corncerning such purchases and warranties, but I purchased a Canon Pro9000 MkII off Craigslist that had been bought with a Canon camera. The UPC had been removed by the buyer to get his rebate - it was so noted in the posting. Within the year warranty period from when he bought the printer I had a problem with the printhead. Called Canon, told them how I had obtained the printer and that I was having a printhead problem. They asked their normal questions about nozzle checks, cleanings, etc. In the end Canon sent me a new printhead - free. Didn't ask me to send in any proof of purchase or such. Just because the UPC code has been removed from the box doesn't mean the printer isn't "new".

Steve W.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow