Started Nov 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
SteveRT
Junior MemberPosts: 35Gear list
Like?
Re: A few more SX40HS pics
In reply to de8212, Nov 27, 2011

de8212 wrote:

SteveRT wrote:

Thank you for your comments- as for high speed, I've never classed myself as a photographer, just someone who takes a lot of pictures. I like to set the camera on P with the ISO set as low as possible. I also use the Vivid colour setting a lot as it seems to reflect the colours I see. The SX40 does tend however over-do it sometimes, especially with the greens, my SX1 is better at Vivid. So if the speed goes up to help freeze the frame I feel that's a bonus.
SteveT

Thanks. Keep in mind I wasn't criticizing, just learning.

Were any of these done using Vivid? I've only used the vivid once or twice and it was too "vivid" for my taste. These look great though.
Do you adjust anything else when using vivid?

I took the tip to reduce the EV by 2/3 or 1/3 sometimes because the SX40 seems to overexpose at times, again I didn't have that problem with the SX1. I'am still really trying to get to grips with the sx40 after over 1200 shots, sometimes not with great results but sometimes being extremely pleased. There are quite a few more pics to have a look at on my Panoramio link below if you wanted to check them out. The first 9 pages are with sx40.
Cheers
Stephen

http://www.panoramio.com/user/183521?comment_page=1&photo_page=1

-- hide signature --

SteveT

SteveRT's gear list:SteveRT's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot SX1 IS Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow