Started Nov 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
guzzibreva1
Contributing MemberPosts: 883
Like?
Camera shop trying to talk me out of a K5
Nov 27, 2011

I normally post on the Sigma SLR forum and shoot a Sigma SD15.

While I thoroughly enjoy the colors produced and the simplicity of the camera I am finding that I miss to many shots due to bad focus and low light.

I checked out the latest camera reviews and it seems like the K5 is a real winner, however the camera shop people tell me to stick with a Canon or Nikon since service and lenses are so easy to find. Nikon has a reputation for excellent auto focus and flash performance. They also said to avoid the cheap discount stores in New York since they sell products that don't have proper warranties. ( I have a rule that says ..never trust someone that is trying to sell you something and that might apply here.

My questions are, do Pentax cameras really have a problem with service and repair?

What lens should I get for a starter? I would eventually want a fast prime for dim light situations.

Pentax K-5 Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow