Panasonic 14-42mm versus 14-45mm - which is best??

Started Nov 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
Joel Halbert
Regular MemberPosts: 458Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 14-42mm versus 14-45mm - which is best??
In reply to sagott, Nov 27, 2011

I have the 14-45 and I like it a lot. Am getting the 14-42 with a G3 on order, but I expect to use the 14-45 instead. The 14-42 X lens will deserve a serious look once the reported OIS bug is put to rest - it reportedly is better than the large 14-42 but its reputation is currently under a cloud.

If you are about to go out looking for a mid-range zoom like this, keep in mind that there are new lenses supposedly nearing release. Panasonic has semi-announced a fast 12-35 X (plus a companion fast 35-100 X), and Olympus is rumored to be nearing announcement of the M4/3 version of their highly regarded 12-60 (though of course it would not include stabilization). Again according to rumor, there is some chance that some or all of these new lenses could have weather sealing features.

-- hide signature --

JoelH

Joel Halbert's gear list:Joel Halbert's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow