Started Nov 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,289Gear list
Like?
A65/A77 Buggiest Sony's Ever?
Nov 27, 2011

Today using the A65 with the new firmware, and when it had the 1.03fw I got this odd card read error out of the blue. Something about needing to recover the image database. I've not removed the card since I put it in the A65 and formatting it immediately when it arrived.

I've had issues with the A77/65 in the past locking up and needing to remove the battery etc. and have seen quite a lot of real posts here about people having all sorts of other issues including the ones I've described.

Sony has an excellent history of coming out with almost bug free firmware, so this really surprises me.

It really surprises me more when I'm using a camera that is on its 3rd firmware update and still exhibits bug issues like this.

No, there is nothing wrong with my Sandisk card. I've got that same error on the "preproduction" A77's with fw 1.02 as well.

Time to speak up about this issue, what's going on with Sony do you think? Do you think the cameras were just rushed to the market or changes in personell or plant locations are also contributing to this issue?

Carl
http://photographic-central.blogspot.com/

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude; nothing can help the man with wrong one."
-Thomas Jefferson

Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow