Started Nov 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Short
Regular MemberPosts: 252
Like?
GH2 or G3 or GX1??
Nov 26, 2011

So I've been reading a lot over the past couple days after deciding (probably) to sell my Nikon D300 kit and replace it with a more compact ILC system. I will be in Europe next September on a cruise (honeymoon!) and want something easier to carry around and more discrete than my current camera, which I hardly use.

After much reading I've settled on the m4/3 system, and like the Panasonic line. I said in another thread in the Open forum that if I were to buy something now, I'd get the GH2 with the 14-140 lens, but now I'm not so sure. I like the articulated LCDs and built in EVF of the GH2 and G3. It also sounds like the GH2 is overall a better choice than the G3, though the G3 may perform slightly better at high ISO. Is there that much of a difference here?

On the other hand, the GX1 is all metal and very compact. I'd certainly add in the optional EVF. With the new pancake sized 14-42, and the Pana Leica 25 1.4, I'd have a nice and small rig that still retains most of the IQ I have in my current SLR. Anyone know much about the movie features of the GX1 compared to the GH2?

Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow