Started Nov 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SF Photo Gal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,093Gear list
Like?
GF1 - A Landmark Camera
Nov 26, 2011

I ran across this article http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/11/21/user-report-the-panasonic-gf1-a-landmark-camera-by-kj-vogelius/ and at first thought it was rather dated until I noticed the Nov. 21. 2011 date.

"Considering that it’s been more than two years since the GF1 was introduced it’s surprising how relevant it still feels. No other camera has really arrived at that sweet spot between compactness, handling and image quality with the same poise – it’s descendants, siblings and various competitors all held back by over-simplification, poor handling, or lackluster lenses."

"For capturing the ebb and flow of day to day life there’s very little to improve upon. The GF1 is much more than just the sum of it’s parts, turning it into a true landmark in digital photography and possibly my favorite camera of all time."

Even with the introduction of the GX1, I still wasn't motivated to part with the GF1. In fact, just yesterday I was down in Los Angels at the Getty and had a great time with it. Still my favorite camera, and evidently, it's his too!

SF Photo Gal aka Queer Chick
Canon 1DsIII & 5DII/Panasonic GH1-GF1-LX3

SF Photo Gal's gear list:SF Photo Gal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow