Started Nov 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rdardas
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
A77 - What is peaking?
Nov 26, 2011

Just returned from a three week trip to Italy with about 7000 images to look through. Half were done on RAW and half on JPEG at DRO +3. A lot of the images were done in dark cathederals and other buildings at ISO 1600, but most were done at ISO 400-800. I used the 16-80 exclusively and used the 16mm more than ever before - could have even used the 11-18 at times. This was a tour, and was too fast paced to do much changing of lenses.

I am so far impressed with the camera (overwhelmed in fact), but am still slowly working through all the new features (coming from A-700 which is a great tool as well).

We are soon off to Germany/Catalonia so I have a lot of work to do getting all the working of the A77 understood (only had three days to work with it before leaving for Italy, which was precious little time for a good workthrough.) I really didn't want to do too much experimenting with unfamiliar stuff on the Italy trip.

In particular, I have never heard of "peaking" and it is not well treated in the manual. What is it? How do you experts use it? Any information would be truly appreciated.

I will get back with a more detailed impressions once I have had time to both look carefully at results and get experience with the new features of the camera.

Dick

rdardas's gear list:rdardas's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow