Started Nov 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
loco77
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
Panagor 90/2.8 macro (4 images)
Nov 25, 2011

I recently acquired a used Panagor 90mm/f2.8 fully manual macro lens. I had originally planned to go with the Tammy 90, but this was less than half the price and I'm really pleased with it. No AF, of course, but for a macro lens that's not much of a loss. It's really really sharp and the color reproduction is fantastic, I think. It doesn't focus past a distance of more than 10 ft or so, so it's not particularly versatile, but I bought it for macro and maybe the occasional portrait and it's going to work really well for that. I'd highly recommend this lens or its various relatives if you are looking for a cheaper used alternative macro lens.

I am just beginning at macro, but I have been fairly pleased with results so far. My previous experience with using a Raynox 150 adapter with my 55-300 lens. It does a pretty good job but this is much more convenient and the IQ is better. Would like to share a few from this lens with you. Comments and critique are welcome! Thank you so much for looking. Hope you like!

Hoverfly on goldenrod:

Rain drops on nandina leaf:

Honeybee on goldenrod:

Greta:

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow