Started Nov 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
plaiditude
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
photo shoot lens choice
Nov 25, 2011

I just booked my first photo shoot! It is for a couple with a 1yr old, and will be shot in a mutual friends house. Now I have the difficult choice of picking the right lens to use, as I don't want to do much swapping. I'm shooting with a D7000 so I should not have trouble getting a good exposure indoors with some natural light. The lenses I'm trying to choose from are a 50mm f1.8D and my 18-105mm f3.5-5.6 kit. I had immediately assumed I'd use the 50mm, but shooting 3 people indoors, I'm wondering if I'll be able to backup far enough? Also, it seems that I need to go almost up to f3.2 to get decent sharpness anyway on that lens. That got me to wondering if my 18-105 might actually be the better choice as it's pretty sharp wide open? What do you think, it's certainly more flexible, but it will drive my ISO's up a bit, also I really want good bokeh/blurry backgrounds. I think that will be more trouble with my 18-105 right? I'd love to eventually save up to perchase a 35mm 1.8 or 1.4, but I've got to do a bunch of these photo shoots first

plaiditude's gear list:plaiditude's gear list
Nikon D3000 Nikon D7000 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +5 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow