Started Nov 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
widick
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
What has happened to Japan ?
Nov 25, 2011

As an ex-Sony distributor I can remember a time when Japanese companies could be counted on to deliver what they promised and to deliver it on time. I ordered one of the Panasonic x 14-42mm lenses ( black ) from Amazon back in October and was given an estimated delivery date of October 17th - November 27. You have to assume that those delivery dates were the earliest and latest dates given by Panasonic to Amazon. Well it's November 25th and the lens is still not in stock at Amazon. Moreover, the new x 14-42 and x 45-175 lenses that have been sold have generated so many negative comments that I will be very surprised if objective tests from Ephotozine, PhotoZone, and SLRGear produce results showing that the new x 14-42 is better than the old 14-45, as promised. As one who was really looking forward to the new x 14-42 I find this all really disappointing. Taken in conjunction with the problems at Olympus, it makes you wonder what has happened to Japan?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow