Started Nov 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blue Focus
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Sigma's HSM for Canon mount
Nov 25, 2011

I own a 500D and I'm looking for an ideal walk around lens. My friend suggested the Sigma 18-200mm 3.5-6.3 DC OS. He owns one and is satisfied w/ its performance, esp. considering his purchase price.

The camera shop which I visited sells one of these for an reasonable price. I'm just concerned about one minute detail ---- the lens they're offering has HSM. The HSM markings were clearly and cleanly printed on the lens barrel and the front element. And AF was really silent.

I searched and visited any SIGMA site and there was not a 18-200mm lens with HSM (Canon). The HSM version is only for Nikon. The lens box doesn't have any HSM markings as well as the warranty card (I checked the serial no., it matches the lens).

Is there a way to check the authenticity of lens ? Any suggestions ? Does anyone came across a similar lens ?

Thanks!

Blue Focus's gear list:Blue Focus's gear list
Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +4 more
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow