Started Nov 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,352Gear list
Like?
Kit Lens (surprise) Sharpness Again
Nov 24, 2011

Yeah, I know we do these threads kind of often. Sorry. The, "I thought the kit lens sucked at sharpness", posts.

So, took the 5N to Thanksgiving where I'm the unofficial photographer. Since it would just be some family snapshots and 5x7 or 4x6 stuff, didn't bother with the "big" lens and just took the easy route.

While waiting for people to get out on the deck and arranged, saw this rock and plant in the sun. Thought it looked nice and snapped off two shots. Now, I'm of the " that looks interesting, I wonder if it will look interesting later on when I view it on the computer...so I'll take a shot" kind of guy. So I did.

Back in LR, I was pleasently pleased by the sharpness. I present, not for artistic critique (I'm still trying to decide if it's worth anything and imagining crops and such), but for pixel peeping, the following shot. A bit of saturation, clarity, and vibrance in LR. Adjusted a slight bit of recovery on a blown out leaf. Otherwise, to prove my point, I've done NO sharpening. What you see here is OOC (and the second JPG save, at that).

PS: And don't know what's wrong with the date...I just changed the thing back to EST today and the date and time was correct.
--

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow