Started Nov 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 42,798Gear list
Like?
Basement Art Gallery
Nov 24, 2011

WHile supervising the retubing of a Boiler in Harlem, I stumbled across a large room in the back of the building. I asked the Super about this room, but he knew nothing about it. While he does live in a "lair" in the front of the building, his only expertise in life, is drinking hard liquor. While it's a pretty good boiler it needs constant repair because the super is both too drunk to do his job, and afraid of boilers, and dank basements. To get the lights to go on, I had to trace the electicity back to a disconnected circuit breaker.

Apparently an artist used this space as his work room. I found quite a bit of long abandoned equipments, and half finished paintings.

Here's the room...

And here are two of what I believe to be original works...

There were other original stuff there, as well as copies and posters. After I finished work, I disconnected the electircty again, and may attempt to find out the story behind these painting. Since the super has been there for over twenty years, this place may have been abandoned for far longer than that. I may never find oput what the story is.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow