ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
finlemad
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Good External Monitor
Nov 24, 2011

A few basic questions:

Looking for an external monitor to drive with my Dell 1737. Although there are no problems with the laptop, the monitor will probably be around longer. Running VISTA, CS5, LR3, EL8. Mostly LR3. Dell was no help answering questions, and I have read everyting here that I can fiind.

LR has a provision for dual monitors, tools on one, photos on the other. Does this split the resolution and lower the quality of the image?

I have room for a 30", but may wind up with a 24-27". Cost will dictate the size.

At work we have HANSspree monitors, and when I view a photo it is stretched horizontally due to the different aspect ratio. I assume there is a way around this.

Dell has LED monitors, or, for twice the price, UltraSharp with PremierColor. The higher end monitor has a little higher resolution and a DisplayPort.

I am sure that I will see a difference from the screen on my laptop with any larger external monitor, I don't need the absolute best there is available, but I don't want to be looking to upgrade in 6 months either.
Finn

finlemad's gear list:finlemad's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow