ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,845
Like?
*****Challenge #134---Lack of Focus*****
Nov 23, 2011

Thank you Steve Bingham for the opportunity to host this forums next challenge. I was obviously not in the top 10 in the last, but I have the time and the desire.

The new challenge is Lack of Focus . The deadline will be noon December 2, 2011 with results announced one or two days afterward.

Don't forget - Please "reply" to the FIRST ORIGINAL post if you are submitting an entry. Be sure to RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR ENTRY .

The goal of your entry should be to use areas of defocus, within the image, to enhance the composition or mood you're trying to portray. The aesthetic quality of the blur, as it portrays to the entire composition, is what I'm looking to see. Does the Lack of Focus enhance the composition....that's what you are after. At least 50% of the entry must be out of focus to qualify. The photo can be taken anytime within the last 3-4 years. I would even suggest that less experienced photographers, like myself, even try to go out and take a new photo rather than select from what they already have on hand.

I don't have the experience or technical expertise many have shown here, so my judging may be more subjective in nature. This is a learning exercise for me so I will be trying hard to include technical merits as well. I can't help it though when an image strikes an emotional cord, so keep that in mind Thank you for your patience.

AS before, finishing up your picture with an imaging editing program is allowed (post processing), even encouraged. I would love to see finished products, but this is not a requirement. Collages and photo montages are allowed.

Below are a few examples. As you can see, the bar is set low.... Please use your imagination to try and inspire me to do better. As always, Good Luck

R U L E S:
The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going.

1- You post ONE image (if you post more than one image, the first will be your entry in the challenge).

2- The host chooses a winner after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host) is final. The judge is not eligible.

3- The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.

4- ANY NIKON CAMERA IS ALLOWED (A P&S used by a member of this forum is also allowed).

5- Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, put a (CC) next to the title of your image [e.g. Sunset with Canada Geese (CC)].

Please embed your image in the thread. Try to resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (900 pixels on the longest side works best).
REMEMBER TO REPLY TO THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RedNew
WowNew
RitaNew
BIFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow