Started Nov 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
LapsedPilot
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Re: Looks like the nex7 blows the m3/4 away
In reply to Bob Meyer, Nov 23, 2011

Bob Meyer wrote:

+1

I'm so tired of people looking at the 12 MP Oly sensor and saying things like "m43 has bad sensors."

Steve Huff's review indicates that even the Oly sensor is pretty close to the NEX 7. The GH2 sensor is considerably better than Oly's, so should be on par with the NEX. But all the trolls who love to hang out here wouldn't have anything to bitch about if they admitted that.

This forum strikes me as more contentious than some of the others I've read. There's no need to think I'm trolling and bitching. I was making a sincere comment. We're not all as informed as you, so share your knowledge. For example, I didn't know the GH2 sensor was on par with the NEX-5n. So thanks for the information.

My impression is that NEX-5n is a great value, and has nice features, yet is severely handicapped by an odd lens selection. I had an E-PL1, and liked it, and I love the E-P3, but it's quite expensive, and the DP Review writeup did mention "aging sensor," which jibes with my impression. If it were a little cheaper, I'd get it. I didn't know the Panasonics were using a more modern sensor, and I love their lenses, so maybe I should take another look at them.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
ROFLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow