Started Nov 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbramham
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,277Gear list
Like?
6 Photos from the NE Coast of England
Nov 23, 2011

Before the new D800/D4 cameras get officially announced and this forum goes ballistic, I just thought I'd bring you back to earth and show you a few D700 photos that I took during a recent trip to the Northumberland coast in NE England. It was my first visit there and I just wanted to compliment those of you who live up there....what a beautiful place it is and a paradise for landscape photographers!

1 - Holy Island Clouds
Fantastic lenticular clouds hovering over the sands at Holy Island.

2 - Dunstanburgh Castle

Slippy seaweed covered rocks on the foreshore at Embleton near Dunstanburgh Castle.This was a tripod mounted long exposure and I had to keep looking behind me to make sure the incoming tide wasn't cutting me off from my route back to the shore.

3 - Bamburgh Castle

Bamburgh Castle photographed at sunset with the low sun casting long shadows over the sand dunes and marram grass.

4 - Bamburgh Castle photographed at dusk with the tripod pushed deep into the sand so the incoming waves wouldn't move the camera during the long exposure (and me hoping the waves woudn't go over the top of my wellies) The rainbow was a nice added bonus!

5 - Pilgrim's Way, Holy Island

Photographed just after sunrise, this is a photo of one of the wooden refuge platforms for those walkers who misjudge the incoming tide on the ancient walkway across to Holy Island.

6- Embleton Beach

Sunrise on the beach at Embleton with the ruins of the medieval Dunstanburgh Castle in the background.

I've had a busy time recently as I've also just brought out my first ever book of B&W fine art photos - 74 of them in a large 13" x 11 hardbound book using publisher Blurb's wonderful new Proline pearl paper. " http://www.ianbramham.com/photo_8780468.html

Ian
Fine Art Photography Website: http://ianbramham.com/

ianbramham's gear list:ianbramham's gear list
Nikon D800
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow