Just bought first mac....intro and software recommendations

Started Nov 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Re: Just bought first mac....intro and software recommendations
In reply to juliemeikle, Nov 23, 2011

Welcome to the club. I have a similar 27" iMac to what you have ordered and I love it.

How heavily do you use Outlook? Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 re-introduced Outlook for Macs and I think it supports .pst files directly. Otherwise you will need to spend some time re-creating (and importing) into Mac Mail and iCal, but then you have the benefit of the clean/slick Mac software.

I dabbled in both LightRoom and Aperture and went with Aperture, which I have had no real problems with and I like the integrated interface. I believe LightRoom V3 is a major upgrade though and a lot of people really like it. Definitely do the trial versions of both.

I too am in the market for a 2TB external FW drive, but yes, they are very expensive at the moment. Hopefully prices will come down soon and availability will go up.

PKblue's gear list:PKblue's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow