Weddings?

Started Nov 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
Marques Lamont
Contributing MemberPosts: 561
Like?
Re: Weddings?
In reply to Rolo King, Nov 23, 2011

Pentax works pretty well for weddings.

I never use AF-S. It's always AF-C. I also use the 540FGZ flash. Main lenses are Sigma 50-150 f/2.8 HSM and Sigma 18-50 f/2.8. Mainly, the Sigma 50-150 though, about 80%. I can shoot an entire event with that lens. I'm not much of a wide angle fan. I have the Pentax 50-135 SDM lens but the AF is too slow for me.

If you're like me and you use a lot of flash and a Quantum type battery, the only problem you'll have is the flash possibly smoking after heavy duty firing. I have to keep that in mind sometimes. If I'm firing the flash really heavy duty, I can smell the burning plastic as the flash over heats. The front diffuser panel on my 540FGZ has burn marks. I though it was just dirt at first but when it wasn't going away, I noticed that it was actually eating away at some of the panel.

With any DSLR shooting a wedding, you're likely to have some out of focus shots. It happens. I haven't missed many critical shots because of Pentax focusing issues as others have.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow