ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doriath
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Yongnuo YN-460 and Sony NEX-3
Nov 23, 2011

Hello everyone!

First of all i'd like to introduce myself, as this is my first post on dpr forums, though i've been reading for a while now - my name is Martin and i'm a beginning amateur photographer from Poland

Back on topic. Recently i've bought my first flashgun - the Yongnuo YN-460. I've choosen this one because some people reported that it's optical slave triggering works fine with NEX, ignoring it's preflash. Unfortunately my experience is different - it doesn't fire at all in S2 mode (the one that should ignore preflash).

It's not that much of a problem though, because i've been able to use it in S1 mode. I have to set the NEX flash to rear curtain and than it works quite nice. YN fires on preflash, but the shutter is already open, so it's ok. But there's one strange problem with this setup - it only works with YN power set to 1/4 or below. If i set it to 1/1 or 1/2 it doesn't work. It fires, but the picture is totally dark, like there was no flash at all (even the NEX flash light doesn't seem to get registered). Anyone has any idea what is going on here? Is there any way to make it work?

-- hide signature --

Best regards,
Doriath

Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2 Sony Alpha NEX-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow