Started Nov 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FlossTycoon
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,880
Like?
S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday images, 2011.11.23
Nov 23, 2011

It is 10:15 p.m. in Spokane, Washington on Tuesday night. It is already Wednesday somewhere in Fuji land so let's get this week's entertainment going.

There is an independent railroad in UT which works from the coal mining areas east of Price down to Salt Lake City. It operates some unique diesels in a colorful paint which is worthy of a trip to the area for photos. These were taken with the S3 back in 2007 in the area of Soldier Summit.

I always thought I might have the only S3 body in the entire state. While checking in with the local camera store last week a customer brought in an S3 with a ring light attached. He was looking for another camera for his boss who was a dentist. I did not have much time to talk with this young man but it looks like he was going to leave with a low mileage D90 since the ring flash would work on that body like it did on the S3. The S3 looked to be pretty high mileage due to wear on the body but the dentist was looking for a second working body so there is still another working S3 in my home town.

Thursday is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. I have already celebrated the Canadian Thanksgiving this year with friends from north of the border and will be in Seattle for the US festivities. So happy Thanksgiving to all those residents of the USA planning on overeating in a couple of days and I extend an invitation to the rest of the world to join in with our inretrospective time before the madness begins.

-- hide signature --

Alan, in Montana

Casio Exilim EX-S5 Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow