ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BillsLIPhotos
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Camera Recommendation/Advice
Nov 23, 2011

Hi All,

I currently shoot with a 450D/XSi. I shoot nature and wildlife (mostly birds because they are readily available). I have no interest in video. I'm happy with my landscape results but find the AF of the 450D and high ISO performance somewhat limiting when shooting wildlife. I don't have an unlimited budget so I have slower lenses pushing me to higher ISO to get the needed shutter speed (I'll never get approval for that 500 F4). On the AF side of things, I find the non center focus points somewhat unreliable unless the contrast at the focus point is really excellent. I also find the tracking ability not so good. I am using the following lenses:

EF-S 10-22
EF-S 18-55 IS
EF-S 55-250 IS
EF 50mm 1.8 II
EF 100 2.8L Macro
EF 100-400L IS

If I were to get a 60D or 7D would I notice a big boost on AF performance?

I shoot RAW - how does ISO 1600 on the 7D compare to ISO 1600 on the 450D in RAW? Does anyone have samples?

Would you recommend a 60D or 7D (I've had the 450D since the beginning of 2009 and would expect to have the new camera longer)?

Thanks!

Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi / EOS Kiss X2) Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow