Started Nov 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PHXAZCRAIG
Forum ProPosts: 10,482Gear list
Like?
S100 questions, from a Nikon user
Nov 22, 2011

Actually, also a Canon user. Somehow in recent weeks I've managed to lose both of my Canon SD870's, which I use underwater in their Canon dive housings. (One for me, one for my wife).

I was about to replace them with a pair of S95's when I found out about the S100.

So, some questions.

In comparison to the S95, is there any significant difference in features I would be using underwater? Specifically AF speed, shutter lag, low light performance, movie mode, and ... battery life.

I've read that the battery life is fairly short. I'm likely to use the camera with a fair amount of flash, and I'll shoot both stills and movies in a single dive. I'm prepared to buy a spare battery for each camera and change between dives, but it sounds like I may be in trouble when diving more than twice a day. My 870is would go two dives easily on a charge.

And ... where I find this camera in stock? I don't need one by Christmas, but I have a dive trip coming in late January, and I'll need at least one, plus housing, before then.

-- hide signature --
 PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +28 more
Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow