Started Nov 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bsammo
Regular MemberPosts: 153
Like?
Is a NEX significantly better than a P&S
Nov 22, 2011

My little 5N just keeps on impressing me so far.

Today I went along to a graduation accompanied by the 5N and kit lens. Someone else in the family had a reasonable p&s camera (a Fuji F550EXR). When it came to getting the money shot of the day the 5N wiped the floor with the p&s.

Not a fair comparison by any means (different shooting positions etc etc), but the difference between the two shots of the same moment in time is like night and day (literally).

The light was extremely limited - shot in a dark church, I was limited in the position I could shoot from so as a result had to shoot on 39mm to get f4.5 and 1/30 shutter speed on ISO3200. I was effectively shooting on the limit of what I could get away with.

I looked over the shoulder of several other photographers with an array of DSLR's to see what sort of shots they were getting on their preview screens and the 5N was wiping the floor with those too.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Aha!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow