ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
juliemeikle
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
Just bought first mac....intro and software recommendations
Nov 22, 2011

Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a few weeks. I usually spend time in the Canon forums, but I think I will need the advice to be found by reading on here

I have been having problems with my PC (top spec 2 years ago). I had hoped it would last longer than it has....I think I got the "built on a Friday afternoon" one. Finally I am convinced that mac is the way to go for me as I love my ipad.

I have bought the 27" iMac with the 3.1ghz i5 processor with 2TB HDD. I have bought 2x4GB RAM from Crucial and will see how that goes before getting another 2x4 to swap out the existing 23x2GB if it needs it.

I could not afford the Thunderbolt route so will be looking for a 2TB (or more) external drive to replace or add to my 1TB eSata/USB drive so that Time Machine can back up for me. I am so fed up with my current back up program deciding to stop working!

Any advice will be really welcomed on which software to go for. I was beginning to use Lightroom as well as PSE. I don't do much PP, but obviously need to do some. Aperture looks good to me with a nice clean interface, but experiences on ease of use would be appreciated.

Also, as an aside, if anyone knows how I can transfer my Outlkook .pst file across to the iMac Office program I will buy I would appreciate that....but I know that is OT.

Thanks
Julie

juliemeikle's gear list:juliemeikle's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +15 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow