Can X10 capture EXR modes in raw?

Started Oct 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
KubrickFR
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Re: Can X10 capture EXR modes in raw? No, not yet
In reply to Trevor G, Nov 22, 2011

Trevor G wrote:

For a moment there I thought you had tweaked firmware, like the Russians did with the Panasonic GH1.

I'm not that clever unfortunately...

So, for those with hopes high, at this stage, No, you cannot shoot RAW in EXR mode, but you can shoot RAW with the EXR sensor working in DR or dynamic range functions of DR200 and DR400 in PASM modes.

And you can shoot in HR and SN in PASM modes given the fact that the difference between the two resides only in the way you process the RAW file (whereas the senser is in a completely different mode for DR).

So the only lacking thing is indeed to be able to shoot in RAW when the dial in on EXR mode thus letting the camera choose between the modes automaticaly for you (and I've asked Fuji about it, they said they'll ask the devs if a firmware update will address the issue). But apart from that you really can use your camera in RAW in all EXR modes. That was my point.

KubrickFR's gear list:KubrickFR's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D70s Nikon D5100 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow