Why do I have to adjust contrast, almost always?

Started Nov 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
techmine
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Re: Why do I have to adjust contrast, almost always?
In reply to Deleted1929, Nov 21, 2011

sjgcit wrote:

• Is it all photos or some photos ? * -

Let me say it that way - During my little adjustments that I do with my pictures (since I shoot JPEG mainly), I increase contrast almost all the time. I have also mentioned that this is mainly for landscape and nature shots.

You're giving conflicting information, which is making it very hard to help.

In your first post :

I have this long standing observation about my photos.

In your reply to my post :

I tend to see this issue on all my photos

That's consistent with a calibration issue. It might also be a result of the camera settings being adjusted to very high contrast. It is something that happens all your photos.

However, also in your reply :

I have 4 monitors (home and office) and they all are calibrated fine for everything else other than these "low contrasty" photos

This contradicts the two other statements. We, meaning you, need to clarify this.

You might also explain if you have properly calibrated the other devices. Have you tried out the links I posted to check the calibration of these pages ?

For all the monitors, I meant no I have not calibrated them but calibration issue on all of them at the same time is a little hard to believe. Nevertheless, I am going to do the calibration soon, just to see what difference does that make.

Note that the exif data indicates you shot at an exposure equivalent to Sunny F16, which is bright daylight. It's therefore very unlikely that your shots were over-exposed.

Filters are not the issue as filters cause reduced contrast, not what you are seeing.

If it's only some photos then post two images. One example of where you say it's fine, and one where you say it isn't.

I will post some more examples soon.

As another poster indicated we need to know if you are shooting RAW or JPEG, and if it's RAW how you are processing it ( or viewing it ).

JPEG

-- hide signature --

StephenG

-- hide signature --

Enjoying Digital age!

techmine's gear list:techmine's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Nikon Coolpix P300 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D40 Nikon D300S +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow