A65/77 RAW comparison

Started Nov 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ok55
Contributing MemberPosts: 514
Like?
Re: DPReview tests
In reply to mike_2008, Nov 21, 2011

mike_2008 wrote:

I used the 'print' comparison, as we are photographers and look at images, not pixels.

I think you've misinterpreted the dxomark data. I also believe that dpr make a mistake by judging so much on the 100% pixels and not the overall image.

Mike,

No misinterpretation. I used the screen comparison. My reason is simple. Most of my events clients these days want digital copies of their images (on DVD)...either alone or together with prints in the form of photobooks or enlargements. Its a competitive world out there and our clients have become pixel peepers...! So I'm afraid most images I shoot these days I try to tidy up as much as possible at high screen magnifications...so that my digital outputs can look as good as the printed outputs. There are also many photographers out there who only print occasionally, who largely view their images on computer screens, enlarging interesting aspects for a closer look. Probably pixel peepers but that doesn't make their images or chosen display format any less legitimate. In truth the world's changing.

This is one reason why DPreview is unlikely to change her approach. It is also one reason why DXOmark gave the screen option.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow