Started Nov 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clide
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
C mount adapter - video sample
Nov 21, 2011

This is a c mount adapter I made for my Nikon J1 and a few example clips to show the resulting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhJfYjejkyQ

There is some vignetting, but it is hardly noticeable in most cases (to me anyway). Of course that is even less of a problem for video because it crops off the corners some for the 16:9.

For video the c-mount lenses work great as long as you don't mind the manual controls. In video mode the live view reflects the actual exposure, which it doesn't in photo mode.

For photos they are a bit of a pain because you have to get the right exposure through trial and error. The automatic ISO setting does not work when the camera doesn't detect a lens and you can only shoot in manual mode. Also the camera does not have anything to aid your manual focusing with these lenses.

I made a few mistakes when making the adapter so it is not as tight and solid as it should be, but I think it will work OK for my purposes.

Nikon 1 J1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow