Best m4/3 walkaround zoom?

Started Nov 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
Another Opinion
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Like?
Re: Best m4/3 walkaround zoom?
In reply to Jed Perkins, Nov 20, 2011

I just went through the same choices and spent time in store checking the lenses by hand. The only significant difference is the Oly 14-54 with a converter. It is a 4/3 lens but not micro 4/3. It is fast- 2.8-3.5, it looks focus fast, autofocuses and is unwieldy for the EPM..

I seriously considereded it for a GH 2 but I have the even larger 14-140 which is teriffic and I have an E-P3 and hate to buy for 1 camera only. And the high cost for a compromise. Is not worth it to me.

Having the Pan 14-140 I walked into B & H firmly believing I was going to give the Oly 14-150 a third try. I didn't like it when I first bought it as it was slow to lock focus indoors in incandescent light, even decent light especially as I went longer.- But it was a compromise. Sometimes would not focus in low light at all..

I wound up with a 25 1.4 and Panny's new 45-175 power zoom as it locked focus indoors..every time That is really best of both worlds for today.

The rumor sites are prognosticating about a 12-35 which would be something to wait for but it is vaporsware and at $2-3000 not realistic or believable. So I covered the range with zooms, kit and the best Pany has for today and I have the fastest 4/3 lens with Leica branding, incredible bokeh an a slow but reliable zoom- my feet.

-- hide signature --

Respectfully submitted

Another Opinion's gear list:Another Opinion's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow