How to win!

Started Nov 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
RaptorUK
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,266Gear list
Like?
Re: Another way to win is...
In reply to onlooker, Nov 19, 2011

How does a Host verify a date an image was taken ? how does a Host verify a "no PP" rule ? how does a Host verify the maximum number of entries per person when a person may have multiple IDs ? how does a Host verify that a picture was taken using just one hand ?

There are many many rules used by Hosts which are not 100% verifiable . . . but sometimes that is how it is with some rules. The first step in banning something is to make it a beach of the rules . . if that isn't done then it's not against the rules.

Enforcement comes after . . it has to be made a breach of the rules first . . . enforcement may be by deterrent . . hence the whole point of my "What should be done with cheats" thread.

onlooker wrote:

RaptorUK wrote:

OK, you are suggesting that the Host adds this "No soliciting of votes" as a specific rule of their Challenge ? . . I can agree to that.

And how do we verify it and enforce it? This opens a pandora's box and is subject to interpretation and potential abuse in itself. Does anyone have a realistic and quantifiable approach to this?

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow