My M9 has killed another SD card

Started Nov 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
KitHB
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Re: My M9 has killed another SD card
In reply to 2351HD, Nov 19, 2011

Is a roll-back to the previous firmware version feasible?

I'm not familiar with the M9 or their update processes, but by definition firmware updates of any embedded system ought to be reversible, maybe with a little help from Leica.

Given the value of the M9 and in particular the value of the photos taken by people who invest equipment at that level, then a problem as serious as this should quickly get Leica support out of bed.

Questions for Leica,

• which brand and model of memory card do they use in-house for development and testing?

• which firmware release was the most recent one to make any changes to how the camera talks to the memory card and read / writes data?

-which of the firmware releases are complete builds and which ones are incremental changes to the existing installed code?

• how is a firmware roll-back done and can they send you the previous firmware version?

I would be absolutely astonished if Leica couldn't answer these, and if they can't then they deserve to be flamed and trolled from one end of this forum to other.

Hope it all goes well

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow