Started Nov 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spiridakis Michael
Senior MemberPosts: 2,351
Like?
My new home computer
Nov 19, 2011

Well let me introduce you my new home computing setup. After so many days of thinking if I had to move on apple with an all in one I mac desktop or a laptop finally as some of you may remember, decided to continue with windows and all their positives and negatives.

So I started with Dell as my experience for this company is very positive (we have dell laptops (and not only) at work and I can be sure that they are almost unbreakable.

Some years ago with no other instruments we had to work with ADSL measurements with a dell laptop and a usb modem... these laptops (I still have and use mine) worked in the hardest environmental situations, many times really on the ground.

The new i7 xps was the starter.... then I decided to keep it as my main computer (at list for the moment) and my old Pentium 4 find a new owner for some relly few money, I have keep and use my lovely 4:3 LG Flatron monitor and just added a nice laptop adjustable base from CoolerMaster, and a wireless set of keyboard and mise from Logitech.

Speaking for the base of CoolerMaster they are really masters... absolutely SILENT, very efficient with adjustable leveling of the laptop and the fun power. plus an incorporated 4 USB2 hub.

Speaking for the wireless logitech equipment is absolutely perfectly working, my experience from the wireless mise was not so positive as I had try (years ago) one of the first wireless and it was really a mess... But finally the facts are that this was really years ago... Now they are all perfectly done...

I post this as may you too are thinking of photographer oriented computer setup and I think this seems to be very close to perfect...
I wish I could find one 4:3 new LED monitor...... only this...

-- hide signature --
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow