Started Nov 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vondy
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Quality lens for 60D?
Nov 18, 2011

I've done a ton of research for a SLR and pretty much narrowed it down to the Nikon D7000 or the Canon 60D. After going to my local camera shop and getting both in my hands, I learned that I really liked the feel of the Canon much better. The menu and controls seem more intuitive as well.

So from there I started thinking lenses. The kit lens they had was the 18-135 3.5. I also considered the 50mm 1.4. Finally I looked at the Tamron 17-50 2.8 which the guy said was just as good as the Canon version but at a third the price.

The camera will be used to shoot b&w art photography, family and friends. I tend to shoot family and friends in low light situations so I like the idea of the 50mm. I'd think a zoom lens would cover much more ground but I'm not sure about the speed of the kit lens. Plus I'm not sure about the quality, reason I'm posting this.

So anybody have any thoughts on this? I'm not too picky on the zoom range. Both of the above will do for me. More interested in the quality and I don't know much about Tamron. Could always go with the 50mm, $369, and get a zoom later.

I'd love to get an L lens but that's way over my budget.

Thanks!

Canon EOS 60D Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow