Thom Hogan field guide to d700

Started Nov 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
dwight3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,753Gear list
Like?
Re: I've never understood
In reply to Kabe Luna, Nov 17, 2011

Kabe Luna wrote:

the need for anything other than the owner's manual with cameras. Assuming you've used any modern camera before, that is. I mean, it's a camera for heaven's sake–and a really straightforward one at that.

I got the Hogan ebook for my D3 and have found it very useful. Thom gives really detailed explanations of things and gets into more of the technical details of why you would want to do something in a particular way. He gives suggestions (which you are free to ignore, but he also gives reasons for the suggestions). The D3 ebook is something like 800 pages, much longer than the manual. There's more in it.

Get the ebook. It's worth it. But don't throw away the manual, it's good, too.

One thing I like about the ebook is that it's searchable. You keep it on your laptop, and it's always available. I suppose I could download the manual in electronic format, too, but I haven't done it (yet).

dwight3's gear list:dwight3's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S52c Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow