A77 w/ Minolta 70-210 F4?

Started Nov 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
bmadau
Contributing MemberPosts: 577
Like?
Re: A77 w/ Minolta 70-210 F4?
In reply to tesch, Nov 17, 2011

tesch wrote:

Does anyone have this combo and if so, what do you think of it?

Also, can you post some sample images?

I currently have a Sony 18- 200 and I'm not that happy with the images when fully extended to 200mm. Would this "beercan" be an improvement?

I have the 18-200 and the beercan for my a700- and in my humble opinion, the 18-200 makes a far better paperweight than it does a lens. The beercan is not a perfect lens by any means, but it's a massive improvement over the 18-200. The constant f4 aperture is great, it's satisfactorily sharp wide open but considerably sharper at f5, and the bokeh is fantastic. I use it for portraits and outdoor sports. The a700's af motor is quick enough to reasonably track moving objects.

Now, I can't say how it'll perform on the a77- but I'll be more than willing to bet that it'll work at least as good as it does on the a700. It's not like the beercan will resolve x amount of detail on the a700, and get worse on the a77...

If you care about image quality at all- ditch the 18-200 and get anything better.

BM

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow