NEX or PEN - what's better to shoot kids?

Started Nov 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
finbarbat
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
NEX or PEN - what's better to shoot kids?
Nov 17, 2011

Hey all,

I am planning a major upgrade from a Nikon Coolpix S570 P &S and I've decided that the M43 cameras have the balance I need in terms of quality, range and portability. I've been pouring over reviews for months but I still can't decide. I am vacillating between the NEX 5N and the PEN E-PL3. From what I've read the usual take on this is the NEX is a better camera but has worse lenses. (and the clicking issue)

Finally, my question.....

As much as I want to think I am, I am not a photophile. I don't think I would notice much image quality differences. I need a camera to shoot my kids, pets and family. I mainly shoot indoors, candids and portraits and am tired of dark and blurry (or flash blown out) photos. I plan to use it as our main video camera as well. Currently, I've no need or desire for zooming. For my purposes, is indoor light considered "low light"?

Any camera I do get, I plan on diving into and really explore and experiment and I am looking to spend up to $1000 right now.

Which camera do you recommend?

Nikon Coolpix S570 Olympus PEN E-PL3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow