UWA landscape composition. Show us yours.

Started Nov 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
UWA landscape composition. Show us yours.
Nov 17, 2011

When I got my 1DS-mk3, the only prime landscape lens I owned was the 35L. I had the 17-40, but after shooting with the 35, I seldom used it because I was always disappointed in the 17-40 image quality. The effective focal length after cropping was someplace around 20-40mm.

But 35 is very often not wide enough, so the second season included a 24TSE. This was my main lens that year.

Last year I added the 17TSE and have used it extensively over the landscape season. I now have a feeling for suitable composition subjects for the lens. But one thing as a general notion is that 17mm often wants to be cropped to landscape aspect ratios, like 20x10 or 9x16 because it often included too much foreground or sky.

I will show some of my examples and invite others to show theirs. Anything from fisheye to 24mm on FF or 8-22 on crop.

-- hide signature --

When you can't focus, nothing else matters
Once you can, everything else does.

http://ben-egbert.smugmug.com/

Ben

Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MineNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow