UWA landscape composition. Show us yours.

Started Nov 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
UWA landscape composition. Show us yours.
Nov 17, 2011

When I got my 1DS-mk3, the only prime landscape lens I owned was the 35L. I had the 17-40, but after shooting with the 35, I seldom used it because I was always disappointed in the 17-40 image quality. The effective focal length after cropping was someplace around 20-40mm.

But 35 is very often not wide enough, so the second season included a 24TSE. This was my main lens that year.

Last year I added the 17TSE and have used it extensively over the landscape season. I now have a feeling for suitable composition subjects for the lens. But one thing as a general notion is that 17mm often wants to be cropped to landscape aspect ratios, like 20x10 or 9x16 because it often included too much foreground or sky.

I will show some of my examples and invite others to show theirs. Anything from fisheye to 24mm on FF or 8-22 on crop.

-- hide signature --

When you can't focus, nothing else matters
Once you can, everything else does.

http://ben-egbert.smugmug.com/

Ben

Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MineNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow