Started Nov 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
qodeshi
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
How do I know if Im ready for FF?
Nov 17, 2011

I have a D90 that I've used for 3 years to shoot everything from sports (college football and HS soccer), evening events, landscape, street photography, and my first wedding. I love my d90 but it is limiting in certain situations.

My shooting preferences are really sports, low light events, and street photography at night. I wouldn't mind doing more weddings as well but man that was a lot of work. The bride loved the pics. My biggest issues came at the reception as it got darker which part of the reason Im at this crossroads. I think a D700 would benefit me due to the better ISO capabilities but Im not sure if that's a good enough reason.

My current gear includes: D90, SB600, Manfrotto 55xprob, Nikon 70-200VRII, Nikon 50 1.4G, 18-105 kit, and a Tokina 11-16.

How steep is the learning curve going from a d90 to d700? Is better ISO a good enough reason to go FF? Why do you shoot FF as opposed to crop?

qodeshi's gear list:qodeshi's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow