Started Nov 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Karl Scharf
Senior MemberPosts: 3,088Gear list
Like?
Back to 20MP (16/9)
Nov 17, 2011

After experimenting with various MP settings, I am back to 20MP (16:9) as my default setting.

My workflow is to view the (16:9) images on my Samsung 51" HD TV first, where I can delete the outtakes before loading the keeper images into the computer. Then I can crop the images down to (3:2) which still gives me about a 17MP image size.

The net result of this process is just like I had taken the images using a 1.4x teleconverter, basically doubling the equivalent focal lengths of the (35mm) focal lengths marked on my lenses.

When I need to utilize the widest focal length that any of my lenses provides, I will simply switch to 24MP (3:2).

Since my Samsung TV is 3D capable, I will also shoot some 3D images with the A77 and view them on the TV. Good to be able to combine various technologies!

-- hide signature --

• Happiness is: Sony SLT-A77 / Rokinon 8mm / Sigma 10-20, 18-250, 50-500mm - Karl

Karl Scharf's gear list:Karl Scharf's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +5 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow