Which camera would you buy an 8 year old?

Started Nov 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
PaulRivers
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,414
Like?
Re: Which camera would you buy an 8 year old?
In reply to meanwhile, Nov 16, 2011

The sx230 also has manual controls, which is pretty cool if she wants to play around with things more (it's bigger, but I think an sx150 does as well and it's cheaper). Or as other people have said, a cheap used refurbished dslr could be interesting as well.

Well I wouldn't spend to much money on it, and I don't know your financial situation, I'm just talking out loud here but there is some value sometimes in buying children something they love that can be broken if their not careful with it. Obviously it depends on the kid, but nothing really teaches the lesson about taking care of your stuff like actually accidentally breaking something that you love as a kid and not being able to use it any more. Better to learn the lesson by breaking a $150-$300 camera than later breaking a $5,000 used car because she wasn't paying enough attention while pulling out of the garage, lol. Obviously it all depends on the kid, etc etc.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow