Started Nov 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fastprime
Regular MemberPosts: 114Gear list
Like?
D7000 SB800 and ISO **NOOB Question**
Nov 16, 2011

New user to this system and trying to get good results indoors with limited success. Tried using the D7000 flash in command mode and the sb800 in remote iTTL (always within a few meters of model) with the D7000 in A mode (f3.5 - 5.6 with kit zoom) and set minimum shutter speed of 1/125 for handheld. The IQ was awful which I attribute to ISO jumping to 800/6400/Hi2 on various shots. This really surprised me as the room was well lit by sunlight and I was using the flash primarily for directional fill. I thought if anything that shutter speed would be increased with the additional flash light, but in one instance it actually dropped to 1/60 (presumably because ISO hit the max setting and the D7000 overrode the minimum shutter speed I set). I set base ISO at 100 and Auto ISO ON and tried several max ISO settings (800/6400/Hi2).

I'm befuddled that the ISO jumped so high(usually to max setting) with so much ambient and flash light.

Can anyone shed some light on my problem. I know it's impossible to be definitive without seeing the images and the EXIF, unfortunatley I can't post the images on here, but I'd appreciate any suggestions that I could try out.

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow