Which camera would you buy an 8 year old?

Started Nov 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
Greenville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,072Gear list
Like?
I disagree - I bought all my kids cameras at 8
In reply to Bruce Miller, Nov 16, 2011

I bought all of my kids Canon A series cameras when they turned 8. I generally spent around $150. I like these cameras, take nice pictures and are pretty easy to use. The ones I bought has some level of control. My kids used these cameras a lot and they all still function. My oldest - no 14 has moved on to another camera and uses my on of my old DSLRs.

I don't really know what is out there now, but would recommend that you get something that takes nice OOC pictures that is easy to use and hold for a child. Also get them a padded and rugged case for the camera.

Bruce Miller wrote:
I would buy the cheapest one I could find ($50 or less)

meanwhile wrote:

If you had a budget of $250-300, which digital camera would you buy an 8 year old?

I'm currently wavering between a rugged one like the Panasonic TS3 (that would hopefully last longer and be worried about less), and something with more reach like a Canon SX230 HS that would be more flexible. Pretty sure it has to have a zoom.

Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Bruce

Greenville's gear list:Greenville's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX300 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow