Started Nov 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drewhosick
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Longer Lasting R2000?
Nov 16, 2011

I was looking at the R1900(I believe same inks used in the R2000 which I'm thinking of buying). According to Epson the ink lasts longer than the next step up K3 on this fact sheet:

http://www.epson.ca/prxm/prxm_pdf/c31448_PermFlyerHoriz.pdf

Am I missing something? Cause that seems strange. Also, K3 Vivid Magenta, is that the same ink they used to call HDR? My friend has a 7900 and from memory the front of the printer says Ultra-Chrome HDR K3 or something like that. The HDR stayed with me because of course HDR being such a popular term these days in photography. I just remember it that way.

So my question is, why does it say the Hi-Gloss lasts longer than the K3 on most papers? Other then black and white(which would obviously benefit from K3) would you think that prints from an R2000 are good enough to sell and not have concerns about?

Just can't see myself going to the K3 printers at this point because I'm not a pro but I do sell the occasional print and have done a few jobs in the past. Mostly though, it's just for me.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow