RAID 0 config problem

Started Nov 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
AOKH
Senior MemberPosts: 2,602Gear list
Like?
Re: RAID 0 config problem
In reply to Eugene Powers, Nov 16, 2011

Thanks, Eugene! I was able to set SATA mode to RAID in BIOS and then configure RAID 0 through the Intel setup. I had to reinstall OS and all programs afterwards, but it was definitely worth it. RAID 0 is very noticably faster than single drive!

Eugene Powers wrote:

1. Leave SSD in AHCI mode.

2. If you are trying to setup RAID0 on the same controller as SSD you need to install Intel RST drivers otherwise RAID is not going to work.

3. If you are trying to install RAID on the different controller (you might have few of them on the motherboard, I have 3) you still leave SSD in AHCI but you need to figure out how to get in to BIOS of that particular controller.

CTRL-I is for Intel setup not for others. If you have Marvell as secondary it might be Ctrl-M.
--
Eugene

I use a non OEM battery in my $20,000 car so why not in my $2,000 camera.

Quote by Bob Sheldon

The only time a smaller sensor with the same pixel count is superior to a larger sensor (aka higher pixel density) is when you are focal-length limited.

Quote by Lee Jay

-- hide signature --

Regards. Anders

AOKH's gear list:AOKH's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow