Not liking X10 Silkypix output - come on, Adobe!

Started Nov 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Archiver
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,235
Like?
Not liking X10 Silkypix output - come on, Adobe!
Nov 16, 2011

I am finding that the X10 raw conversions done with Silkypix have a soft and plasticky look that I don't really like.

At first I thought that it was the X10 as the jpegs have a similarly plasticky look at default settings, 100% view, but then I loaded some raws from the Canon 5D Mark II, Ricoh GRD III, GXR aps-c modules and Leica M9.

Silkypix consistently renders raws with a softness that I do not like. Sharpening in Silkypix doesn't help a lot, either, as Lightroom processes raws with much greater clarity and detail, IMO. I have high hopes for this camera as the handling and high ISO performance are great, but if I don't like the final output then I'll have to decide what to do with it.

Admittedly, I've only logged about five hours in total with Silkypix, compared with hundreds of hours with Lightroom, but I think that just seeing the default results and experimenting with all parameters is enough to give an idea of what the raw processor will do. I just hope that Adobe will come through with decent X10 support in Lightroom.
--
Archiver - Loving Every Image Captured Always
http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow