ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jkbraun
Regular MemberPosts: 337
Like?
Linking computers to harddrives
Nov 15, 2011

Hi all,
(P.S. - I Put this post in the "Mac Talk" forum as well)

Here is my situation that I am trying to figure out. I have 2 separate Macbooks that I edit with. Portable hard drives are too unstable for me as I have already gone through 2 Western Digital ones (One decided to stop working, the other was dropped).

So here is what I want to do in my head.....

I want to have one main drive that I can access wirelessly from both computers (simultaneously - 2 people editing) and one additional drive that I can use for backup purposes. I don't want to jam up the memory on my computers so everything needs to be done through these drives. I currently have a 500gb Time Capsule that is near capacity (I don't know how). How do I go about doing this? Can I hook up a 1 or 2TB drive to the Time Capsule and set that up as a means of backing up?

I don't know, I hope this wasn't too confusing because I am not entirely sure what I need to do, but I know I need to have a way of having all my files backed up in 2 stable locations that I can access from either computer on the same network. Any suggestions would be great.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow