Started Nov 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djross720
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
T3 odd looking pixel - problem?
Nov 15, 2011

I've just started using a new T3, my very own first DSLR, so a relative newbie. I want eventually to use it for astrophotography and was playing with simple handheld afocal shots of the moon through my telescope. Jupiter was up so I figured what the heck. So i took a few shots, again handheld, not expecting to see more than a fuzzy blob. The fuzzy blob is there but I also noticed a nearby odd set of pixels which form a little square upon enlargement (much larger than the relative size of one of the planets moon, for example). These are short exposures so I didn't expect to see this much noise (the kind that shows up in long exposures that they compensate for using dark frames and such. Dust against a dark sky, I'm guessing, should just be dark- besides these are jpegs and I turned on the dust frame feature when I got it. (The subtraction is not applied in RAW, am I right?)

So, such a large set of weird pixels- and near the center of the sensor- do I have a problem to look into?

Thanks,
Dave Ross

Canon EOS 1100D (EOS Rebel T3 / EOS Kiss X50)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow